Kpower Industries K-Swap Kit Now Available for 86 & BRZ
Kpower Industries K swap kit for the Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ is now available. This is a complete swap kit that utilizes the stock transmission and will come with all components needed to complete your swap. Full dash functions including AC is retained.
Here it is: the industry’s first all-in, complete engine swap package for a K series. We’ve carried out the development and a huge amount of testing, making changes and improvements every step of the way. This package includes everything we have proven out in our K24 BRZ test car for many months. It fits all 2013-2020 BRZ, FR-S, and 86 manual transmission vehicles.
The potential of the K24 in an 86 chassis has already been seen by a few highly skilled DIY enthusiasts, but we wanted to bring a proper “FA20 delete kit” to the masses.
The goal was a lofty one. We wanted complete OEM functionality in this modern chassis. All electronics needed to work like stock, down to the gauges, air conditioning, cruise control, ABS, traction control, and more. We also wanted to retain the smooth shifting 86 transmission, particularly for customers doing naturally aspirated builds.
Additionally, we wanted compliant rubber engine mounts to keep NVH to a minimum. In short, the car needed to function as though this incredible chassis came fitted with a proper K24 engine right off the showroom floor.
The good news is that we exceeded our high expectations, and the end result is something truly special. The ability to easily convert an 86 chassis to operate with K series power under the hood breathes new life into a very capable car that has always suffered from an underwhelming and often unreliable engine.
Our test vehicle, a 2013 BRZ, has been thoroughly tested for the last several months. We’ve clocked over 3000 miles on track alone—at Barber, NCM, Putnam Park, Gingerman, Autobahn Country Club, and Mid-Ohio. Data has been logged and reviewed, and our products were tweaked and refined until perfection was reached.
At the moment, our car runs a stock K24A2 engine, outputting a healthy 230whp and 190wtq thanks to our intake, header, exhaust, and tune. But since this is only the beginning, we’ve already acquired another BRZ and an FR-S, with plans to develop an upgraded transmission option, turbo parts, and do some endurance racing along the way.
Our completed car also benefited from a whopping 140-pound weight drop thanks to the lighter K24 and our lightened components, even with all accessories and A/C!
This package provides all aftermarket parts for a complete K24 conversion in your vehicle. Just add an engine, some OEM parts, and some assembly time, and your 86 will be transformed into the car it should have been from the factory.
This swap package includes the following products:
- K24 to 86 transmission adapter plate with all hardware
- 86 starter blockoff plate
- K24 to 86 custom flywheel, available in steel (street) and aluminum (race)
- Engine mount brackets with hardware
- Rubber engine mount pads
- 86 transmission mount bracket for relocated position, with hardware
- Whiteline transmission mount insert
- Shifter plate for OEM 86 shifter
- Dual shear selector rod and pins
- Baffled aluminum oil pan that clears stock subframe and undertray
- Cast aluminum intake manifold, with IACV blockoff plate and hardware
- 86 throttle body adapter with gaskets and hardware
- 3” cold-air intake with filter
- 4-2-1 304 stainless race header
- 304 stainless midpipe with hanger (bolts to any 3” 86 exhaust kit)
- 3” aluminum one-piece driveshaft
- KPower fuel rail
- Fuel line kit, E85 compatible
- Upper water neck for right-side engine bay routing
- Hybrid Racing thermostat inlet plug
- Accessory belt
- Sachs Sport clutch kit (organic or metallic)
- Haltech Elite 1500 ECU, with base calibration
- Haltech CAN wideband sensor and controller
- Motorsports grade engine wiring harness, 100% plug and play
- ECU jumper harness
- ECU jumper board
- Bosch oil pressure and temperature sensor, with adapter
- Optional air conditioning and heater hoses (+$440.00)
- All products are designed for off-road motorsports use only. Users are responsible for complying with all local laws in their county, state, and country.
- Our engine wiring harness is designed for 2004-2008 K24A sensors, including the crank sensor, knock sensor, and injectors. It is also wired for a 2006-2008 Acura TSX A/C compressor. All K24 compressors are not the same.
- If you plan on using injectors other than OEM K24A injectors, please specify at checkout and we’ll swap in the appropriate injector sub-harness free of charge.
- These engine mounts fit the following engine blocks: K24A2, K24A3, K24A4, K24A8, K20Z3 and the JDM K24A. They do NOT fit K20A2, K20Z1, or K24A1 blocks due to incompatible bolt-hole locations on the left side of the block. Please make sure you source the correct block for your project.
The KPower K-Swap Kit is available at KPower Industry. Due to high demand of this new product, please allow 45-60 days for delivery.